Ask about Eyelids surgeries
1.5 -2.5 hrs
Local or General
week - follow up
5 days - normal activities
6 months - final results
improve eyelid appearance - eliminate dark halos - improve visual field
satisfied with the results
- Aging over 40 years old.
- The eyelids are flabby and may obstruct the field of view.
- Hereditary eyelid sagging.
- Fatty or puffy eyelids.
- Dark circles around the eye, especially the lower eyelid.
Most of patients want to improve their appearance without attraction to the fact that they underwent a "plastic surgery" and this is our primary goal.
The upper eyelid covers 1-2 mm from the top of the cornea.
The lower eyelid touches the cornea border (the white part of the eye does not appear).
Upper eyelid fold 8-11 mm of the lid edge.
The outer eye angle level is 2 to 4 mm higher than the inner eye angle.
- The recovery period ranges between a week and ten days, and of course, medical follow-ups during that period are important in order to prevent any complications and to obtain the desired results.
- Some patients may suffer from dry eyes and then use eye drops.
- Also, some bruises and swelling that disappear within a week of the operation may occur, especially with the use of cold compresses.
- Patients are advised to avoid wearing contact lenses during the recovery period to protect the cornea from any infections.
- You can return to work and practice your normal life immediately after the operation and within three month till finalizing the results.
- With age, you may need to repeat the procedure within five to ten years.